Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

J1N Racing goes LIVE!


If you had visited JiovaniRacing.com in the past, you would have seen a lack-luster site, with very little draw-in value; at least thats's what I saw. The editor provided from the hosting service was terrible, but without programming knowledge and events and work taking up my attention, I had to let it be. I tried to outsource the work, but after lengthy delays and some misunderstandings, I decided to go at it again.

I actually made the home page in about 3 different editor programs, none working out and all seemed to just lack the control I wanted. I finally decided to really give WordPress, which I'd heard several people suggest, a try.

Its not so easy, but with determination, and a desire to prove to myself I could do it, I self taught myself the basics of WordPress. After having to restart the page a few times (crashed it with bad coding), I got on a roll...

Things fell into place. About 100 Google searches for help coding, and playing with different plugins, it was pretty close. A few more tips from my buddy "Bladder" from south Florida, and the site was ready for launch.



The new site features:
*Partner List - w/links (on every page)
*Link to this Blog
*Tentative Schedule for 2012
*Media page pics/vids from last 3 years (so far)
*A revised "About Me" page
*A guestbook for people to leave comments
*A newsletter sign-up
*Links to my Facebook, Fan Page, Google+, LinkedIn, Vimeo and Youtube pages
*A new contact email- Jason@J1Nracing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment