Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Stunt Wars Finale 2011

Our last event of the year was another demo with the Stunt Wars Show. We provided a break in the motorcycle stunt competition with some high speed drifting and other tire burning maneuvers.
This event the drivers were Fello Ambivero, Patrick Goodin, and myself. We were once again, one of the crowd pleasing parts of the show, always getting the bleachers packed. I was able to give a few rides to some VIPs of the event holder and overall had a great showing.



We were also testing out our new Flex-a-Lite fan and radiator setup and it was a great success. Much cooler temps than we have seen on the LS setup yet! It was fantastic to be able to run back to back to back without 2 cool down laps.
On the final demo session, I wanted to throw in a 360 mid drift, as I did this, I lost fuel pressure and the car stalled. It did the same to me at the LS Fest event when I tried one. All I know is that to get it running I have to open the fuel tank up and play with the pump. You can hear it still running fine, but no fuel. This is a brand new aeromotive pump too, so I’m really lost.

I called Aeromotive later that week and dicussed the issue. The problem is that the pumps internals have an air purging function (360 spin sloshed the fuel and sucked air in). The purge valve on the pump is located on the bottom. Well the factory setup of the pump has a rubber fitting that holds the pump snugly to the mount, but also covers/blocks this purge hole. So as air gets in, it cannot get out. This explains why on first install, we could not get it to prime, and had the several issues where I couldn’t get a prime without taking the pump out and back in (it could purge once out!). I have to simply give clearance by modifying the rubber piece on the pump mount.
For your enjoyment, we put together a compilation video from this years Stunt Wars demos- check it out!!



Stunt Wars Sliding 2011 - J1Nracing.com from Jason Jiovani on Vimeo.


We hope to continue being a part of these events in 2012. February 2012 will be the 10th Anniversary Event and should be pretty wicked!

Right now, the focus is on the PRI Show and getting the car ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment