Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Jack of All Trades

SEMA is one of those love/hate events. I love walking the aisles, seeing friends and team partners, meeting new people, and the atmosphere of the whole week. I hate that it is so insanely hectic that your head is spinning for 4 days solid!

I try to always have some fun so while flying I made a fun picture of our mascot going crazy in Vegas.


This year, the show was very enjoyable. While I am working my tail off trying to secure the support for a FormulaD season, I am strongly backed by so many that my task has shrunk. I actually felt like I was forgetting something after feeling like I could relax on day 2, when I used to be full steam ahead until close of the third day.




The impossible task of looking for financial support proved just that, impossible.  I knew going in that money was unlikely, but I also know that my season depends on it. We are hoping to find a non-endemic (non-automotive) brand to take the title position on the car for 2013.

Maybe someone in my network has a connection to a possible title partner for us in 2013. Besides budgeting, another main  focus was suspension, as we are 3 years running on our coilovers, and 6 years on some of the control arms!! Various other potential partners were talked with and I hope to have some on-board for the PRI show in 2 weeks.







A couple of awesome surprises were instore for us at SEMA. 2 different booths had used a picture of our car on promotional/published items.

The Trick Flow Catalog                                                                                                                                                      2013 Holley LS Fest Flyer























I got to spend a day in LA with a friend after the show. It was awesome getting to see some west coast lifestyle. I have been to Cali 4 times now, but always for racing or family functions and never got to really see anything. I fulfilled my inner tourist with a lunch at Pink’s (we will be back again!), cruised through some famous neighborhoods, saw the Hollywood sign, and walked down Venice Beach shops. I even saw where Marty first went back in time! I can’t wait to visit other stops on the FD circuit and see some of the culture there.
 
I know this season will be a challenge both on and off the track, but I think it will be the most enjoyable yet, just have to find the help we need! Please reach out in your network, we can’t do this alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment