Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Stunting and Sliding

April 17th we brought out the Trick Flow/Nexen Tire 240sx drifting with the Stunt Wars show in Orlando, FL. In addition, we had the owner of BigBadAutoBlog.com come out to do an article on the car. We arranged this meeting after I had commented on a video he posted from the IRL Demo we did just a few weeks ago. (His article can be seen by clicking the link above)

Here is his video:



This event was going to be a lot of fun. Low stress driving, just giving the crowd a taste of drifting and getting some more precious seat time in the new setup! Starting out, I gave one of the owners of Stunt Wars, Chris Nichols, the opportunity to ride with me. He had never been in a drift car and was totally up for riding in the V8 powered banana.



Being my first time in over 5 months at Central Florida Racing Complex, I was also excited to get a feel for the new layout. First 2 laps I was shallow on turn one, but soon I was getting more confident and able to get in the outer clipping zones. The power of the motor still being new to me, I was in awe that I was able to keep in 3rd gear around the tight 2nd section of the course.


Chris was absolutely in love with the car and the ride. We did some talking to fans between the next demo set. This run we took Jordan Cleinmann for a ride, the BigBadAutoBlog owner. He got a really unique and amazing session with lots of laps, some windmills with fellow drifer Marco Tellez, and finally we did some small donuts around a stunt biker doing standing wheelie circles!! It was pretty awesome ride for his first time ever in a drift car.






During this break, the Stunt Wars TV crew approached and I did dual job interviews. We did a driver interview, where I talked about myself, the car, and drifting in general. Then I switched up and did some information about NOS Energy's involvement with the facility, and the venue itself. The footage was shot by GordonMotorsports.com, and they will contact me when it is to air.



Last run of the day we did a solo session, I was the only car still running. The very last lap, tires were almost non-existent, and as I feinted, the car took off toward the outside wall with big angle!! YIKES!! I snapped her back, dropping 50/50 in the dirt and blasting a tire stack with the rear end... dirty is billowing, the tires flew threw the air and I kept my huge angle and came back onto the surface to actually STILL LINK THE COURSE, and as I came off the finish the tires I hit were rolling into my path and I spun to avoid them. It was absolutely insane and the crowd loved it. Luckily, the tires hit directly on my wheel, and scuffed my aero a little. The car had no real damage!!

We loaded up, and ended another great event- next stop.... Fast Five car show....whaaaat?

No comments:

Post a Comment