Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fast5 Release with NOS Energy!


In my 3rd life, I work as a brand ambassador for NOS Energy. Through this job we are at many car shows, functions, and races that I normally would miss out on. Carlos Alvarez is the owner of one car show group called Ultra Evolution, and they never dissappoint. Prior to the show, I contacted Carlos about having my car at the show and apparently my boss, Rob Fleming, had already arranged for 3 prime spots for display cars. These spots were not just part of the show, but on the covered apron of the movie theatre's box office!





My car was central, right near the box office, in the drift group of cars. Miles Flick and Z Fever (shop car) were also on display next to me. While the car was on display, I bounced back and forth working the NOS Display and the car. Luckily, I had great timing where a father was taking a picture of his son (about 6yrs old) behind our car, and I asked him if he would like to sit in the car and the father lit up with excitement. We got him in the freshly installed Sparco EVO seat and he posed for several pictures from his dad. I think he really was appreciative to get the opportunity for the picture of his son in a race car.












Meanwhile, the event was booming, tons of people walking around the cars and the rest of the show. UltraEvolution had pulled out all the stops, with a live DJ on a stage, great interactive give-a-ways, and lots of good music. NOS Energy debuted its new Gaming Center with 4 PS3s, and 2 Xbox360s for people to enjoy. We also had a brand new, gigantic NOS can archway we put up! The event was really awesome and probably the most fun non-driving event I've ever done.







 The crowd funneled into the movies to watch the new Fast Five movie and we began the huge cleanup. Last thing for me was taking the car (one of the last) from display. As I got in, my girlfriend asked if she should move the crowd back-  I said "No, I think they will move when I fire it up"....  A passerby overheard and said "Oh haha I've got to see this!"....  I turn the key and hit the ignition- a big growl came out as the motor sprang to life and the crowd was startled, but one lady jumped clear out of her shoes!  Everyone had a good laugh (even her) and we rolled out of the display to load up and head home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment