Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Riding Shotgun ! Bang, Bang.

As you all know I am rebuilding for this season and am taking the time to do it right. This doesn't mean I'm not active in the community. In fact, last weekend I was a instructor at a huge new style of event put on by a new company called Full Auto Motorsports. The event has 2 large courses setup for a learning environment. One course is grip style, the other drift. I was brought in as one of 3 professional drift drivers to give ride-a-long instruction in the novice driver's personal cars. I volunteered for over 10 hours teaching drivers about setups, lines, steering and throttle control and all the other aspects that make up the drift game. I got the chance to take someone from understeering donuts, all the way to linking 2 turns by days end! I was really proud of HER progress and stoked for what I helped her accomplish.

          GRIP                                                                                                            DRIFT
















Because of the success and positive feedback all the drivers are giving the organizers, they plan to have another in April/May and I have a good feeling I will be invited back. This time I'll bring my hot rod and get in on the fun!

The next event I plan to goto is at our local track of Desoto SuperSpeeedway. I will be going again, as I usually do, for instructions and more tips. The little bonus here is the flyer was made with my car on it:



Those of you new to my program will notice I spend a large amount of time between and during events (even competitions) helping my fellow driver. I don't want the community to look at me as an elitist or a snob so I make sure I remain one of them and give back what I can. I want drivers to look up to me as how to make drifting a real career and not just a hobby. I never am too busy to give a tip and never think I'm too good to be involved. That, makes me a highly respected and recommended driver, instructor, and friend in the community. It's what makes me.... me.

No comments:

Post a Comment