Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Testing my K Sport SlideControls ~

We took the car over to Orlando, FL for a practice event that is held at Cenral Florida Road Course (CFRC). This is a fun little course that is right next to the dragstip, which was also active while we drifted. The stands were actually quite full for this event because of the dual entertainment. This event was most important to try out the newly installed K Sport SlideControl Coilovers.



The car drove amazing! It felt very predictable and was really able to hang it out really nicely. I was able to keep the original dampening settings I made before heading out to the track. Entry was an ebrake style followed by several narrow, but linkable, turns. The small track proved quite a challenge to connect, but with the control I felt on the K Sports, after 3 runs I was dominating the course. I was feeling so confident I decided to tandem with a newer driver who had actually never tandemed before. It was fun giving him a glimpse of tandem and he didn't do too bad.



In addition to the K Sports, we also have now installed modified steering knuckles to add mythical angle to the car. Harri Tervola was the custom fabricator who completed the modification and he did an excellent job. I was throwing the car hard into all the turns and never spun out. The additional angle allows me to get crazy with the aggression and still drive out of it.



I can't wait to test the K Sports and the steering angle on a bigger and faster course to really see the full potential. See you at the track!

No comments:

Post a Comment