Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

It adds 1,000hp!







Starting back in 2011, I tried to design some graphics to break up the cars bright yellow color. I sketched out a drawing at the summer camp I worked at and it was a start, but not good enough. Last season, Cody (my head crew member) also designed his own version, which I liked, but having designed it in Forza, there was no easy way to transfer it to real life. Finally, I approached it from a fresh start and with the help of Carlos at SSP Vinyl, we found some graphics we could play with. I took several of the images and wove them together and settled on a layout.









 
With events looming, we only had a few days. Hazel helped me, on a FREEZING Florida night, peel off the old stickers- ruining her nails in the process! The day after, I dropped the car to SSP Vinyl and let them go to work. Only 2 days later, it was nearly done. We had an event the next morning so I brought the car home to finish in the A.M. before a parade.



The main colors are blue and white and have accents of chrome (not shown here).


We also took all the partner logos and outlined them in white to better POP and match the rest of the cars white graphics. It really looks great in person. We are considering adding a few more accents in the future, but for now, this is what the Aruba and Curacao fans will see!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment