Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Monday, August 3, 2009


Well July 5th brought me some more fun the the sun and one of the biggest headaches in my whole career!



National Sport Compact Racing Association (NSCRA) invited a handful of us to bring yet another demo to the gorgeous Palm Beach International Raceway. Above you can see my wing came in handy at the drivers meeting for a table. After all the waivers were signed, we got to suit up and show them what drifting is all about!

A framiliar track to some of us, we were soon showing NSCRA Staff and Founder, John Brown, that we knew how to handle our cars. After the first session, John was able to kick back and let us run our own start and grid area! We were teaming up with 2, 3, 4, and even 5 cars entering at 100mph only feet apart!




Halfway through the second demo of the day, I noticed my car was feeling strange, but I blamed myself for losing focus. I was unable to completly drift the turn like before. After some tinkering we decided to up the air pressure, feeling the track probably has gained grip during the event. The next session started and I immediately noticed the lack of any sense of boost. My turbo was no longer being a team player it seemed. After doing one last run, I put her down for the day before the lack of drivability cause a more serious problem.

I still was able to get mirrored coverage on NSCRA and Tunerzine sites. I was slated to give John Brown a ride-a-long in my car, until the turbo issue developed. He was very pleased and will have us again in the future he says.

Since this event, I have been working on getting the car back to its full 230hp glory! The boys over at All American Street Car Performance got her back on boost, and I installed some other new maintenance items myself. She should be ready to rock now and is soon to be put to the test!

During the repair time I recieved a invitation from Harri Tervola. Harri is the organizer of the Florida Drifting Championship, the Indy Grand Prix Demo, the first Palm Beach demo this year, and many other events. He was inviting me to take part of a drifting demo and import show that is taking place in ARUBA. That's right guys ARUBA, like, paradise vacation spot! We will be driving for a 2 day extravaganza at the Aruba Raceway for an intense crowd. The event is "Aruba Import Nights" and will be focused on the drifting show.


I will be joined by Harri Tervola in his BMW, Ryan Kauffman in his Miata, Patrick Goodin in a 240sx (all pictured below), and the best drivers of the Antilles. We are being well accomodated and our cars are already on container ship in route! The event will take place on the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd of August! I will be sure to get some great shots of this amazing event!

No comments:

Post a Comment