Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Enjuku BBQ



September 1st Enjuku Racing held a free barbeque/car meet at its new shop in Clermont, FL. The new shop is much larger and has a great deal more services to offer. With full lifts and parts galore, you can buy and install many popular upgrades to current popular chassis and engine combinations.





Enjuku Racing is part of the J1N Racing family so we wanted to show some support and bring out the race car for show. We got a great spot just inside the shop doors, where the food and vendors were. Fellow drifters turned pro, Jeremy Lowe, and Patrick Goodin had their FD cars there as they are also supported by Enjuku Racing. Chelsea Denofa was there, sans car, hanging out and enjoying the event. It was really cool to pick his brain on how his season has panned out from Rookie, to crashing (a few times), to getting a fully supported program to pick him up (Bergenholtz RX-8).

Over 500 people showed up for the blistering hot day of car gazing, drinking plenty of NOS. After about 5 hours of baking, we packed up and were about to head home when we decided to all go to CFRC and have a short session at a basic practice event…



I unloaded the car and installed some new ProjectMu rear pads I got through Enjuku so we could test before next weekend’s LS Fest. I remembered that at the end of last weekend, my headlights were not turning on. Being a night event, I searched for the culprit. I found a fuse, totally melted on the panel. After 30 minutes, I give up as the slot is so bad, a new fuse won’t fit. With the track lighting being so good, I was still allowed to run.

 My main focus was just to make a few runs with Pat and Jeremy, having not driven with my buds in a long while. Pat’s car was having an electrical issue, but Jeremy and I got to have a pair of runs. Again I took the opportunity to give a few people rides and share with them what I love to do. We didn’t plan to drift when we came over for Enjuku’s BBQ so I was out of the left over tires from Summer Slide in only 5 runs. I got to test the new brakes, get a few runs in with Jeremy, and we learned what caused my headlight failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment