Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stunt Wars welcomes us back!

Only a week after my Summer Slide win we were due back at CFRC for the next round of Stunt Wars. Problem was that I still had no fenders, control arm bracket was still rigged, and I wanted to install a new fuel pump and pressure gauge to combat whatever happened at Charlotte and Zmax events. We suspect, after changing plugs and coils, that my 5+ year old Walboro255lph pump was giving out. Saturday, I spent over 10 hours working on the car.

First thing was to grind down that weld, and drill a hole to replace the bolt we sheared off. John helped get that going while I started to piece together the fiberglass puzzle.

We next set our focus on the fuel pump.We threw in an Aeromotive Stealth 340lph we got from EnjukuRacing and borrowed a gauge to monitor it. It gave us some headaches but we got it done. I was amazed at how clean my gas tank was, I mean it’s the original one out of my old race car- stock from 1991!

I finished working on the fenders and it was about 90% perfect, but I felt like a miracle worker considering how much repair was done. Put the car back together and loaded up for the weekends driving.

Yea, another waterslide!
In Stunt Wars, the bikers are in a points series for a judged stunt competition and they bring us out to do some demos during the intermission. This weekend Fello Ambivero, Marco Tellez, and Jonathan Heisen joined me to put on a show for the crowd.

Overall we had 3 times to perform. We utilized most of the course, entering at 70mph in 4 car drift trains. We even pulled off some runs in opposite course direction.  We had some miscommunication with what we were doing, thankfully no one crashed, but there was a few moments of insanity watching 4 cars do almost random drifting around the NOS Energy drift park.

Later we did some windmills, some guys did burnouts, and a couple did rodeos. I finished my last set by completely and utterly destroying a tire into shredded ribbons of mayhem. We did not get to interact with the bikers as last time, there was just not enough time to coordinate it.

The crowd was more into the drifting it seemed than the stunting. Many people who came up to the pit area asked when or if we were going back out. Whenever drifting started, the spectators would stand and come to the fences with cameras and phones at the ready.
This and the rest of the shots courtesy of Manuel Cintron
After the final demo, Kevin Sutton of the ESPN Orlando Sports Radio Talkshow approached me. We are in communication, but he wants to have me on the show sometime. I hope it works out and we get to explore this opportunity, I’ll let everyone know if and when it goes down.



Manuel Cintron did a write-up about this event on his site called DriveByWire! Manuel also was the photographer for Wrecked Magazine at the previous event. He also contributes to Grassroots Motorsports Magazine. Pretty cool dude!


There is a pretty funny video where the stunt cross (they raced their stunt bikes) course marker barrels were left out to our surprise. I had to check up a little to give Marco some room, then all 3 of them spin and I keep rocking around the course and rip all the way back to the start dumping some serious Nexen smoke!


More great pics below from Manuel!

walls cannot contain the insanity of dogs and flip flops!



unknown photog
 

Think they've seen better days.

No comments:

Post a Comment