Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2010's Early End... just not my year.

I have been waiting to get the video footage from the exclusive test ay we got at the brand new NOS Drift Park at CFRC. I work for NOS Engery Drink as event/street marketing team and my boss, Rob Fleming, decided to take on CFRC as a project with NOS. The skidpad previously was more like a runway, narrow and low speed. On October 29th, I was allowed to be the first person to test the new expanded facility. To up the ante, I was also giving the track manager his first ever ride in a drift car!

We warmed up the LS1 and did some donuts around the press box in the middle, then took off for a first real run. I started slow, knowing that fresh pavement and dirt and debris from the construction could be slippery. The track was amazing with its new sweeper and allowed for much more on throttle drift! I came around the first lap and did another, a little faster... awesome again! I was having so much fun I slid the u-turn and just slammed 3rd again and combo'd it back into a manji and into the entry again- faster yet! About midlap I decided to stop and get some air on the front while we go back to the full start/full speed type of run and then....

I HEAR IT.  For the second time this year, I've rod knocked an LS1. I can't believe that the next day was a huge event (CFRC Frankenslide), with the new track, and a tandem class of 15 people- and I had a blown motor. I'd be watching from the stands.

In addition, I had dressed up the car for Halloween


A Bumblebee with stripes, wings, and bug eyes...

... and a stinger!



I've been waiting the video footage still to this day from the last runs... I'll post it when I get it.

This ended my season much sooner than scheduled. I have been working a ton and buying parts needed... we will be back strong in about a month from now... updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment