Jason Jiovani's active drift racing blog with videos, pictures, and build up information.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

PRI 2012



The Performance Racing Industry Show takes place in Orlando, FL each year and last year we were able to be on the show room floor. With an average of 50,000 people attending, we wanted to repeat that showing. After the last car show with Simply Clean, we were setup to have a fresh clean car for PRI.


Unfortunately, with close proximity to Thanksgiving and Jim's Bodyshop having a lot of customer cars, only the major areas were able to be repainted, leaving some of the car needing attention the night before the show. Hazel and I spent about 5 hours peeling scuffed, old, or vinyls we were replacing with SSP Vinyl the next day. The biggest hurdle was the rubber smears, and battle marks from the whole season having taken the toll on the body. After a ton of scrubbing and smashing mosquitos, the car was actually really superb! I spent over an hour on just the wheels to make sure we put our best possible appearance. I also was waiting on my FormulaD banner and number plates to show that we were here as a professional team.







On the way to Orlando I picked up the new graphics from SSP Vinyl. After unloading the car and placing the logos, we loaded for the Thursday-Saturday show. 2011 we were placed in the Pit Stop Cafe area (lunch vendors) which wasn't bad, but I noticed most people were there to eat and get back to the product booths in the aisles. This year, I was shown to my spot, in an aisle, where a booth had been left unclaimed! We were right in the thick of it this time! Right near QA1 Suspension Components, the car looked fantastic.

Our mascot Lugnut made his public debut at PRI. The booths next door informed me that quite a few people noticed it and commented on the battle torn buddy.








As we walked the show floor, we talked to a wheel company, Jongbloed. After chatting about our upcoming season, they suggested we talk to the internet radio show that was setup in their booth. Bob from scorpionradiogroup.com had the setup and we were talking with Kim from heelsonwheels.com. They were very happy with how well the interview went and there were 2 times it would play (once Saturday, and again Monday) and then they will send us the audio file. I will update this blog post when it becomes available.



Just like SEMA, this show was really good and made some great connections. I am still looking for a title sponsor, but I am looking forward to possibilities in 2013 for FD. I want to run a full season, but if it comes to my own dime. I think 3 will be my limit. If you or anyone you know might be able to help, please contact me on Facebook or email.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment